BG Green

BG Green Partnership for a Sustainable Community is a diverse network of citizens who seek to build a sustainable community in Bowling Green, Kentucky and the region. We have four goals: environmental stewardship, economic prosperity, social equity, citizen empowerment. We support these goals through community education, outreach, and action.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Green Pride

Last night was the 1st year anniversary of BG Green. Our event at the Capitol Arts Center in Bowling Green, KY went off without a hitch. It’s not in the paper this morning but they were there. I assume it will be in the paper tomorrow – I will share that link.

It always amazes me how a small town like Bowling Green, KY attracts such talented and remarkable people. I have been one of those people in the past that was itching to get out of this small, little one-horse town! I hated it here because, well, I just did! I did because everyone else did! It’s funny now to notice that people who leave somehow find their way back if even for a short visit. It’s not necessarily the town, it’s the people they are attracted to!

We are on our way to a greener community that’s for sure! The updates for this past year’s work were staggering. The students on the WKU campus are so impressive – we are on our way to a greener campus as well! All led by students! With all the news and commentary about how people don’t care about anything or anyone any more and how our young people have no morals, it makes me wonder who they see. I don’t see that! I see young activist who do care, who are smart, who are leaders, who intend to fight. I am proud of my community and I think we will be just fine.

Molly Kerby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home